Fuel consumption

• My appologies for writting in English, but my German language skills at the moment are not so good.

I just bought a new Rav 4 AWD, manual gears, petrol, 129 kW - 175 PS.

I filled the tank when it was only 17km, now I have 256km and the tank is at half.

The computer says that I only have left 280km.

Meanwhile I have been driving like an "old couple", slow as possible, no accelerations, no high revs, on the down hills I am putting the gear in neutral

I have drove around 100km in the highway and the rest in the city.

In the morning I drive 5km to work and I only stop on the red signal lights, I cannot get less than 11 liters / 100km.

On the return home, yes, I get some traffic jam and I cannot get values bellow 14/15 liter / 100km.

I am really disappointed with this consumption values .... I have read several other forums, reviews (from magazines or private / ordinary persons), and I know that the official factory fuel consumptions are never realist .... but the numbers that I am getting are simply crazy .... everywhere I look other people are getting always values bellow 10 liters.

Is this normal?

Which numbers are you guys having?

Is it to early to go to the toyota dealer?

Thank you

• Jo Servus.

My english is no longer the best, so I use a translator. ;)

We had the previous model, but only with 151 HP.
    I was also able to bring this just under the average consumption of 9 liters.

This should also be possible with the current model.

Please also consider that many electricity-consuming extras contribute to higher consumption.

Best wishes

• Frankie, thank you very much for your input.

The factor you pointed out "electrical": I really know that they are not affecting my numbers.

Lately, we are having no ice, neither snow, therefor I am not using the heating

I am also not using any heating in the steering wheel, neither heat on my seats.

The only electrical consumption I am having is on the radio and on the light beams. Nothing else.

I have been driving basically in flat locations, not mountains and with 2 normal weight persons, basically just commuting from home to work.

Today, I was able to stop in only 2 red traffic lights, no other stops, with normal city speed and the final trip numbers was: 11.4 liters/100 km.